It is a fear almost every guy involved in a breakup has.
They wonder inside, “will me ex girlfriend forget about me“?
Will she put me aside in her mind such that everything we did together will be forgotten.
It’s normal to have such worry thoughts.
After all, if you are experiencing a common breakup, chances are high you and your ex girlfriend are not on talking terms. So it’s easy to start worrying about your ex putting you in her rear view mirror.
But I am here to tell you that it is very uncommon for your ex girlfriend to forget you as if you never existed. It rarely happens. It is often the opposite that is true.
Unbeknownst to you, your ex girlfriend is probably having a lot of difficulty not thinking about you.
There are even things you can do to trigger in her positive thoughts about you, preventing her from ever forgetting you. I discuss this in my eBook, Ex Girlfriend Recovery Pro.
Ironically, the more she tries to forget you, the more she will end up thinking about you.
Here are 10 Reasons Why Your Ex Girlfriend Is Not Ready To Forget You
1. Surprise – She Still Loves You, even though she may not fully realize that!
Dropping out of a relationship permanently is never easy to do. Give it some time. Things may have happened to quickly and you might just hear from her sooner than you think.
2. If you play your cards right, you won’t allow her to forget you.
A breakup is just that – two people parting. But it doesn’t mean she won’t continue to have thoughts about you.
And if you have the right kind of Ex Recovery Plan in place, you’re going to make sure she does not put you in the past.
3. Your ex girlfriend will be influenced by others who will remind her about you.
It just happens naturally. Your name or the things you did together will naturally come up in conversations or on social media. This keeps your memory alive without you lifting a finger!
4. When you and your ex were an item, you both laid down a path that took you to all kinds of places.
Those memories of what you did together still lingers in her mind. So every time she goes to these places where you were both together, memories will come flooding back.
It doesn’t take much. It can be something she sees, reads, hears, or even smells.
5. You are not such a bad guy.
You have plenty of good qualities, right? So during the course of any normal day, these positive attributes she use to enjoy will not be available to her.
This will trigger a connection in her mind that a part of what she use to take for granted is now missing.
6. Your ex will likely go out and will meet other guys.
Just the process of your ex girlfriend coming into contact with another guy is going to cause her to compare him against you.
And guess what?
A lot of times this other guy she meets will fall short of what she really wants or needs. Invariably, your image will come to mind as she thinks about what you would say or do in the same situation.
7. Your ex girlfriend is going to find it hard to forget about you and put you in the rear view mirror because at some stage, loneliness will descend upon her.
And when your ex girlfriend feels lonely, her thoughts will naturally drift back to you.
8. Consider the fact that you are entirely wrong about her not wanting you in her life.
Where you may think she simply wants to forget about you, the truth could be that she is testing you.
Yes, it sucks if your ex breaks up with you for some oddball reason. But breakups happen for all kinds of reasons and it does not necessarily mean your girlfriend has forgotten how great things use to be. There could be other forces at work in her mind.
9. It is very possible your ex will have a delayed reaction to figuring out what she really wants.
At first she may be convinced she wants nothing to do with you. And for a time, she may indeed block you out and forget everything the two of you said you wanted together as a couple.
But like a fuse slowly burning, there may come a time in which your ex has a wake up call, realizing how much she really needs you in her life.
10. Another reason why your ex girlfriend just can’t let you go is because she may have a deep emotional or sexual need that only you have been able to fulfill to her satisfaction.
While this may not always be the healthiest reason to stay together, it happens.
In the end what you want for your ex is what is best for her.
That of course can be a complicated discussion.
But if you feel your ex girlfriend can’t get you out of her mind for reasons that are obsessive, realize that such a relationship needs to be fully healed before it can work in the long run.